This is a game prototype I developed as part of the "Game Design and Development" Specialization on Coursera, by Michigan State University. I might consider develop this prototype into a fullgame if the player response is positive.
In this game, you control a starship named Gamma and you have to explore distant planets in search of former alien civilization's signs, like a space archeologist, and figure it out what caused the civilization's extinction. Good luck.
- Added a tutorial screen to help the player to understand the game controls, as well as a button for it in the main menu.
- Changed the resolution to 1024 x 576, so it plays better on a web browser.
- Minor changes to text font sizes, various adjustments.
- Added a compass in the planet surface user interface pointing to the geographic north. The compass is always synchronized with the probe rotation.
- Added a minimap in planet surface user interface, along with icons for the probe and each discovered exploration point. When a point is found, it will be shown on the minimap.
- Changed the collision system in the planet surface from discrete to continuous.
- Fixed the camera problem on Gamma's Bridge.
- Changed the font size of the text messages.
- Added a helper text.